11 Things Men Think About Sharing a Bed With You
Sharing bed with each other for the first time might be amazing yet scary. Do not worry, it is so so sweet. Here is a quick overview of what a guy thinks about sharing bed with you as you relationship grows.
1. First to third times sleeping over: This is amazing. There’s nothing like getting to fall asleep snuggled up against someone. She looks so adorable resting on that pillow. It’s like snuggling a Pomeranian except she doesn’t bite me or try to run away.
2. One month to two months: I’d rather sleep with her than sleep alone. I look forward to the weekends when she stays over. Plus, it’s so cute when she steals all the covers. I don’t even mind being cold.
3. Three months: I have a favorite cuddle position. Is there a Kama Sutra for cuddles? I get separation anxiety if she is more than an inch away from me. Wait, why are you slapping me away?
4. Four months: Is watching her sleep creepy or adorable? I guess it’s only creepy if she wakes up. Edward did it in Twilight so it can’t be that bad, right?
5. Five months: I sleep on my side of the bed even when she isn’t here. Partially because that’s her side of the bed and partially because it’s now molded to her shape and is less comfortable for me.
6. Six months: WHAT KIND OF MONSTER STEALS ALL THE COVERS? I AM FREEZING. I AM LITERALLY DYING. PEOPLE ARE LEFT TO DIE IN SNOW-FILLED ROCK FISSURES AT THE CRAGGY PEAKS OF EVEREST IN WARMER TEMPERATURES THAN THIS.
7. Nine months: My hand is falling asleep because she rolled over on it and I can’t stop sweating. How can she roll around that much in bed? Do I have to cut this hand off? Instead of sleeping, I’m going to lie awake and replay 27 Hours in my head.
8. One year: I wonder if I should pitch the idea of separate beds when we move in together. Maybe even separate rooms, because of the snoring. It was cute. Now it may be causing chronic fatigue.
9. Two years: Every business trip where I get my own hotel room is like a tiny gift from God. I can adjust the temperature and sleep spread out diagonally across the entire bed because this is my domain. This is the most beautiful sleep I’ve ever had.
10. Three to five years: I actually really miss being in bed with her when I’m away. I may or may not have woken up spooning the pillow one night when she was gone.
11. Five years and on: OK, I will stay in my bed groove with the fan directly on my face, and you stay over there with your legs outside the covers but pulled up to your neck. But if I feel you get up I will not sleep again until you return. Never again.
– Original content by Frank for cosmopolitan.com